Summer is often a time of transition where old commitments end and new adventures start. This makes summer the busiest moving season of the year.
If you’re getting ready to move in Pennsylvania, we’ve come up with a few tips to help make the transition more manageable and stress free.
Before Moving Day
To ensure your move goes as smoothly as possible, complete the following steps before your moving day:
- Sort possessions. Before you begin packing, go through your belongings and make a donation pile. Don’t go through the hassle of packing and moving stuff you don’t even want to keep later.
- Pack Organized. Make sure to group similar items in the same boxes and clearly label the boxes with the room they belong in.
- Utilize storage. At Freedom Storage Rentals we can deliver a portable storage unit to your house. Then you can fill it at your own pace. When you’re ready we can either take these storage units to our storage facility or deliver them to your new home (within a three-hour radius).
On Moving Day
To make the most out of moving day, follow the advice below:
- Leave early. Temperatures can be sweltering by noon, especially in the summer. The sooner you get moving, the better.
- Enlist help. True family and friends will help you move — especially if you bribe them with pizza. The old adage, “Many hands make work light,” is especially true for getting your oversized couch into the moving truck rental.
- Be flexible. This one is definitely easier said than done. However, if you anticipate a few minor setbacks — such as forgotten items or a last-minute trip to Wal-Mart — it’ll be easier to keep your patience in case they do happen.
- Stay hydrated. Make sure to leave a few water bottles unpacked so you can stay hydrated on your moving day. Packing, carrying boxes, and unpacking are all physically taxing, and you don’t want to spend the first day in your new house dehydrated.
Freedom Storage Rentals is here to help your move go as smoothly as possible. Whether you want to rent a storage unit at our facility or you want us to deliver a portable storage unit to your door, we’re here to help. Our four locations allow us to serve Altoona, Ebensburg, Blair County, and the surrounding areas.
Contact us at 814-695-9408 or at 866-876-7368 to reserve a unit. Freedomstoragerentals.com looks forward to serving you!